Thursday, February 26, 2009

JONAS 3D IS BETTER THAN TWILIGHT !

So I was washing my hands in the bathroom right after a private screening of Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience, (side note: I just DO NOT understand why people don’t wash their hands after peeing. There is NOTHING grosser, and I feel like if I see you skip the sink after the stall, then I’m well within my rights to judge you. [Side note to the side note, I once saw Duffy in the women's bathroom here on the 17th floor, and she absolutely, positively washed her hands. Now, I liked her a lot to begin with, but having that hygienic confirmation only made me like her more.]) and I was thinking how in their 3D glasses, everyone kinda looked like Robert Pattinson.
And THAT’S when it hit me: Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience was better than Twilight the movie.
Sure, comparing Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience to Twilight is sorta apples to oranges, but considering the hot dude(s) factor, the fanatical following, and the insane anticipation and build-up to both, (plus, both involve magic!) it becomes McIntoshes to Macouns. (Oooh! There’s also Twilight’s whole apple-as-symbol-of-forbidden-fruit theme! I’M A GENIUS!)
But back to Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience, also known as JB3D. I absolutely never wanted the movie to end, and I had pouty sad face when it did. Twilight, on the other hand, couldn’t have ended fast enough. (Don’t get me wrong, I loved the books, but the movie was a total letdown.)
Coming from someone who spent two days on tour with the Jonas Brothers (and some of the movie footage was filmed then! I was standing right outside when they came out of the Highline Ballroom, for instance), I can honestly assure you that Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience will be one of the greatest, if not THE greatest Jonas experience of your Jonas journey — possibly even better than seeing them live because you get a front-row seat, and you get to experience the show from the perspective of the Jonas Brothers. If the movie was made for fans who didn’t get a chance to see the Jonas Brothers live, then seriously, not even a spot smack in front of the stage can top the view that Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience provides.
I don’t want to give too much more away because really, you should go into the movie with a clean slate, and ultimately it doesn’t really matter what I think, AND you’re going to love it no matter what. But I will share a few more observations…
STOP HERE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ ANY JONAS SPOILERS!
Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience is first and foremost a concert film, just like the title says. Therefore, it’s really Joe’s show, mainly because he’s the unofficial leader on stage. Kevin’s joy is boundless throughout, and one of the most touching moments comes during “Hello Beautiful,” when the boys are lifted high above the audience and pause to take in the crowd’s elation. Of the three of them, you really tangibly see Nick connecting with and absorbing the power of the fans’ energy and love. (Bring Kleenex, ‘kay? You’ve been warned!)
My favorite funny moment was Kevin plunking down his cash and buying a copy of A Little Bit Longer at the Times Square Virgin Megastore the night it came out and the guys shut down Times Square.
Taylor Swift’s performance of “Should’ve Said No” was both radiant and a little bit heartbreaking, but Joe said it himself: sometimes it’s just not meant to be.
Musically speaking, the theatrical enhancement of the Jonas’ string section was exhilarating.
There were a few things I could’ve done without, including the super, duper cheesy couples in the “Love Is On Its Way” scene — they were too schmaltzy and distracting, AND they wasted valuable Jonas real estate! But the fact that that performance was one of the most visually powerful redeemed it.
Also, and not to look a gift horse in the mouth or whatever, but I would’ve liked more candid behind-the-scenes Jonas footage, and I think you may too.
And, not that you really need it pointed out, but look for cameos by Frankie (the little boys next to me were chanting “Frankie! Frankie!” before the movie started!) and Maya. Also, Big Rob is TRULY the fourth Jonas Brother. That man keeps it the realest of the real.
Okay. I don’t wanna ruin any more Jonas secrets for you (at least the secrets the rest of the Jonasweb hasn’t already spoiled.) If I haven’t convinced you to see Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience (yes, I’m being facetious, BTW), perhaps the fact that they COULD BE SITTING IN THE SEAT NEXT TO YOU EATING POPCORN will.
In short, I laughed, I cried, it was better than Twilight! (Smell you later, VAMPIRES!)
+ Seen it yet? Did you get to go to the premiere!?!? Share your review in the comments or my Buzzworthy Twitter! Check out more Jonas videos and movie clips, watch The Jonas Brothers Experience, and get more movies on the MTV Movies blog

[Source: MTV Buzzworthy Blog]

0 comments: